Government Guidelines for Small Weddings
While COVID-19 has altered the course of weddings, here are some recent guidelines from Central & State for you to take notes before planning a small wedding.
The period of lockdown has seen different phases. First, we saw that the nationwide lockdown that was declared on the 25th of March 2020. This period lasted for over two months. Then after a few months, we saw that the government started introducing protocols to ease the lockdown and have allowed weddings to be held with a certain limit on the number of people who can attend or gather for the wedding. Again the situation is deteriorating and we can see some changes in the wedding guidelines. There is an immense surge in the cases and thereby central and state governments are making minor revisions according to the current scenario in their state.
If you plan on getting married or attending a close one’s wedding in 2021 then, here are the government guidelines to abide by for hosting a small wedding.
These are the basic guidelines that the authorities and the government have curated to ensure the safety of the people while allowing life and celebrations to meander their way into the “new normal.”
Also Read: Quick Guide on the Safety Precautions for Intimate Weddings
State Government Guidelines
While maintaining the Central’s guidelines with strictness, each State has laid down some specific guidelines to add to the basic ones. These minor revisions were required keeping in mind that each state has its own specific culture that concerns specific health and welfare conditions to be taken care of. Here are some of the states with their state guidelines to host an intimate wedding in the times of Corona.
Also Read: Top Catering Trends and Tips for Intimate Weddings
State Government of Punjab
Punjab's State Government has declared these guidelines in the face of the threat that a probable third wave poses:
- All wedding destinations, banquet halls and marriage ceremony places will function with 50% capacity in Chandigarh.
- 10:00 pm to 05:00 am night curfew in all districts.
State Government of Rajasthan
The COVID guidelines provided by the State Government of Rajasthan for hosting weddings are as follows:
- 50 people allowed at weddings.
- A night curfew from 11:00 pm to 05:00 am is in place.
State Government of Karnataka
The Department of Health and Family Welfare Services have sketched the following guidelines that are mandatory in order to host a wedding in Karnataka:
- The wedding gathering will now be restricted to a maximum 200 people cap for outdoor weddings.
- In the case of indoor weddings, maximum of 100 people are allowed.
- A night curfew is enforced from 11:00 pm to 05:00 am.
Also Read: The Experts' Guide to Planning an Intimate 50 people Wedding
State Government of Kerala
The following advisory has been issued by the government of Haryana for performing marriage function in view of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic:
- 150 people are allowed in case of outdoor weddings.
- For indoor weddings, 75 people are allowed.
- There is no night curfew yet.
State Government of West Bengal
Keeping the ongoing situation in mind, the state government of West Bengal has declared the maximum number of people that can attend a wedding to a maximum of 50.
- Direct flights from the UK have been suspended until further notice.
- Flights from Delhi and Mumbai to operate only twice a week — on Monday and Friday — starting January 5.
State Government of Madhya Pradesh
The Government of MP has issued the following:
- A maximum of 250 guests will be allowed to a wedding, but they require prior permissions.
- A night curfew is in place from 11:00 pm at night to 05:00 am in the morning.
State Government of Tamil Nadu
The guidelines provided by the State Government of Tamil Nadu regarding wedding celebrations within the state are as follows:
- A maximum of 50 people are allowed at weddings.
- 10:00 pm to 05:00 am night curfew.
- A complete lockdown has been declared on the 9th of January, 2022, Sunday.
State Government of Uttar Pradesh.
The government of UP has laid down the following extra guidelines for the state:
- Weddings with only 100 guests are allowed in the state of UP.
- 50% gathering is allowed in outdoor spaces.
- A night curfew from 10:00 pm to 06:00 am has been enforced.
Also Read: COVID-19 Weddings Advice Guide
These are the central and state guidelines being followed currently, however, if the government introduces any more protocols or new guidelines, we will keep you updated right here.
Get in touch with WeddingWire India for help with planning an intimate wedding during the lockdown for expert advice and assistance. Every state is issuing a formal notice and requires a certain set of permissions. There is no decided or set time for love to be celebrated. Many couples have taken their leap of faith to celebrate their love by celebrating an intimate #WeddingInTheTimeOfCorona.
Get in touch with WeddingWire India for help with planning an intimate wedding during the lockdown for expert advice and assistance.
Read More -
Mehndi Design | Proposal Lines | Simple Finger Mehndi Design | Arabic Mehndi Design | Propose Day Quotes for Boyfriend | Wedding Anniversary Wishes for Sister | Change Aadhar Card Name after Marriage | Tamil Wedding Calendar | Simple Mehndi Design | Pre Wedding Quotes | Engagement Anniversary Wishes | Funny Wedding Wishes for Bestfriend | Blouse Design | Rangoli Design | First Night Tips for Bride | Wedding Anniversary Wishes