The period of lockdown has seen different phases. First, we saw that the nationwide lockdown that was declared on the 25th of March 2020. This period lasted for over two months. Then after a few months, we saw that the government started introducing protocols to ease the lockdown and have allowed weddings to be held with a certain limit on the number of people who can attend or gather for the wedding. Again the situation is deteriorating and we can see some changes in the wedding guidelines. There is an immense surge in the cases and thereby central and state governments are making minor revisions according to the current scenario in their state.
If you plan on getting married or attending a close one’s wedding in 2021 then, here are the government guidelines to abide by for hosting a small wedding.
The Central Government Guidelines
- The Government of India has laid down some simple and easy to follow guidelines if anyone is planning to host a small wedding in the times of Corona. Then here are some
- A gathering of a maximum of 50 people is allowed for the wedding, earlier it was 200.
- The vehicles used for transportation have to be personal vehicles only. No taxi/cabs or public transport is allowed.
- Wearing a face mask at all times is compulsory, for all present at the wedding (inclusive of bride and groom)
- The guest list should not include people from Containment Zones.
- No weddings will be allowed to be hosted in the Containment zones.
- It is mandatory for all the guests and the hosts to download the Arogya Setu app.
- Hand wash and sanitisers must be present at the venue.
These are the basic guidelines that the central government has curated to ensure the safety of the people while allowing life and celebrations to meander their way into the “new normal.”
State Government Guidelines
While maintaining the Central’s guidelines with strictness, each State has laid down some specific guidelines to add to the basic ones. These minor revisions were required keeping in mind that each state has its own specific culture that concerns specific health and welfare conditions to be taken care of. Here are some of the states with their state guidelines to host an intimate wedding in the times of Corona.
State Government of Karnataka
- The Department of Health and Family Welfare Services have sketched the following guidelines that are mandatory in order to host a wedding in Karnataka:
- The wedding gathering will now be restricted to 200 from 500.
- Any person from a containment zone shall not be allowed to attend the event.
- Persons more than 65 years of age, pregnant women and children below 10 years are not permitted to attend the event.
- Sanitisers at the entry and at appropriate places shall be provided.
- Thermal screening of all persons shall be conducted at the entry of the venue. The scanner should be held 3-15 centimetres away from the person’s forehead.
- Anyone found having a fever (37.50 C or 99.50 F), cold, cough, difficulty in breathing shall not be permitted to attend the event and immediately referred to seek medical advice.
- Face masks are compulsory for each and every person attending the wedding.
- Each and every guest must maintain a physical distance of more than 1 meter.
- Hand wash with soap and water at washrooms must be provided.
- The venue shall be maintained to ensure cleanliness and hygiene.
- Spitting in public places is prohibited.
- A Nodal Person shall be identified for overseeing the arrangements and coordination at the venue.
- A list of attendees of the marriage with contact details has to be maintained.
- All guests must download the Arogya Setu app.
State Government of Haryana
- The following advisory has been issued by the government of Haryana for performing marriage function in view of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic:
- A maximum number of 50 guests at any time shall attend the marriage.
- Every function shall be conducted in a suitable public place with good natural ventilation. No central AC is to be used.
- Any person/family living in the containment zone shall not be allowed to attend this function.
- Sanitisers will be provided at the entry and at appropriate places.
- Thermal screening of all persons shall be conducted at the entry of the venue. The scanner should be held 3-15 cms away from the person’s forehead.
- Anyone having a fever (37.50 C or 99.50 F), cold, cough, difficulty in breathing shall not be permitted to attend the function and immediately referred to seek medical advice.
- Everyone must wear a face mask compulsorily.
- Everyone at the venue shall maintain a physical distance of more than 1 metre.
- Hand wash with soap and water at washrooms shall be provided.
- Consumption of liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco, etc is not allowed.
- The venue shall be maintained clean and hygienic
- Spitting in public places is prohibited.
- A nodal person shall be identified for overseeing the arrangements and coordination at the venue by the owner.
- A list of attendees of the wedding with contact details has to be maintained.
- All guests should have downloaded the Arogya Setu app on their phone.
State Government of West Bengal
While keeping the central government’s guidelines a compulsion to be followed in the state, the state government of West Bengal had only altered the number of people that can attend a wedding to a maximum of 25 (that was 10 initially).
State Government of Madhya Pradesh
Apart from the Central guidelines, the Government of MP has issued the following:
- A maximum of 200 guests will be allowed to a wedding- the groom and bride are allowed to attend the wedding.
- Weddings can only be held in the non-containment zones.
- People that are part of the wedding are only allowed to use personal vehicles for travel.
State Government of Uttar Pradesh.
The government of UP has laid down the following extra guidelines for the state:
- Weddings with only 100 guests allowed in the state of UP.
- All attendants should have Arogya Setu installed.
- The guests have to adhere to the safety protocols along with social distancing measures.
State Government of Telangana
- Families are only allowed to have only 50 people at their weddings - including the bride and groom.
- If any parties are found violating the guidelines, they will be booked under the law.
- There will be heavy surveillance of weddings that take place during this time.
- Every state is issuing a formal notice and requires a certain set of permissions. There is no decided or set time for love to be celebrated.
Also Read: COVID-19 Weddings Advice Guide
These are the central and state guidelines being followed currently, however, if the government introduces any more protocols or new guidelines, we will keep you updated right here.
Get in touch with WeddingWire India for help with planning an intimate wedding during the lockdown for expert advice and assistance. Every state is issuing a formal notice and requires a certain set of permissions. There is no decided or set time for love to be celebrated. Many couples have taken their leap of faith to celebrate their love by celebrating an intimate #WeddingInTheTimeOfCorona.
Get in touch with WeddingWire India for help with planning an intimate wedding during the lockdown for expert advice and assistance.
Edited by Meha Khera.