Image Credits - Pinterest
AADHAR is one of the most important identification documents that’s used in India today. This is especially true after the recent Supreme court decision which made AADHAR mandatory for filing income tax returns. If you are recently hitched or are about to be and want to change your name after marriage, you will want to know about the AADHAR card name change procedure. Here, we'll explain the entire process of AADHAR name change, aadhar name change online, aadhar card address change documents needed, and helpful tips to avoid future hassles. You can also read a bit about aadhar card edit, marriage registration in India.
How to Change Name in Aadhar card/Aadhaar card name correction
Image Credits - Stories by Joseph Radhik
If you are thinking on how to change name in Aadhar Card then here are some easy steps that can be followed. These easy steps can make Aadhar Card name change online possible quickly as The UIDAI website lists two methods to change your name, online and offline. Let's delve into Aadhar card name correction online too
Aadhar Card Name Change Online Process/Aadhar Name Correction
- Use your aadhar number to login into the Online Self Service Update Portal to change Aadhar card name change online.
- Submit your name or surname change request in the requisite format for Aadhar name correction
- Upload scanned copy of self-attested supporting documents for Aadhar card name correction.
- This facility uses OTP so make sure your number is registered with AADHAR for aadhar card name correction.
- This process of changing Aadhar card name or aadhar name correction online change only is entirely free.
Update name in Aadhar Card through AADHAR enrollment centers/ Aadhaar card name correction
Image Credits-Clickyofy Moments
- You can also visit your nearest AADHAR enrollment centre for adhar name change
- You'll need to carry originals of your supporting documents. They'll be scanned and handed back to you for adhar name change
- One advantage of this method is that you can update your biometrics too if necessaryfor adhar name change
- A token fee of 25 Rupees is charged for updating name in aadhar card or for adhar name correction
Both processes can be used to update or change your other demographic details like address, date of birth, gender, etc. If you need some other details on how to Change Name in Aadhar card then you can check on UIDAI Website. Yes these easy steps can make aadhar card name change online easy. Now we hope that you know how to update name in aadhar card.
Aadhar Card Address Change Documents
For newlyweds, the Aadhar Card Address Change Document includes marriage certificate or a document containing a proof of the marriage of the applicant issued originally by the Marriage Registrar. We’ve however listed all the documents that can be used for AADHAR card name change. These are Aadhar card address change documents required to verify your name change and we have listed them below.
- Passport is need for Aadhar card address change status
- PAN card
- Either Ration or PDS Photocard
- Voter Identification card
- Driving licence of the applicant
- Photo identification cards issued by the Government of India
- Service photo ID cards that are issued by a PSU
- Job card of NREGS
- A photo identification that is issued by a Recognised Educational Institution
- A licence of Arms
- Photo Bank ATM card
- Photo Credit card can be also used for Aadhar card address change status
- Photo card of the Pensioner is also required for Aadhar card address change status
- Photo card of the Freedom Fighter
- Photo Passbook of Kisan
- Photo card of CGHS
- Certificate of Marriage is also used as aadhar card address change proof
- A document containing a proof of the marriage of the applicant issued originally by the Marriage Registrar
- Legally approved name change certificate can also be used as Aadhar card address change proof - ECHS Photocard
- Residing Address card of the applicant that contains both the name and the photo that was originally issued by the Department of Posts
- Identity Certificate containing the photo of the applicant on a proper letterhead issued by either a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar
- Either a handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card that is issued by either the State Government, the UT Government or any such Administration.
The entire updating of documents required for Aadhar usually takes about 90 days. Once the relevant officials verify your document you can download your e-AADHAR from uidai.gov.in by clicking download AADHAR. You can also visit your nearest AADHAR enrollment centre to get a soft copy of your updated AADHAR. However don't forget to carry along the Aadhar card address change documents.
AADHAR card name change correction is relatively easy compared to changing the name in some other documents such as a passport. As your marriage certificate will work as proof of name change, you can easily change your AADHAR card name by submitting a soft copy of that document. However, AADHAR can be used as a supporting document in changing your name in other important documents such as Passport, Bank accounts and others. Please also note that additionally you’ll often need to file a sworn affidavit to support your claim for these other documents, but an affidavit is not required in case of AADHAR. With this guide, we hope all your questions regarding AADHAR card name correction are answered. Also, mow you know how what all aadhar card address change documents are required during the process.
Aadhar Card Photo Change
These simple steps can be followed to change the photograph. These Aadhar Card Photo Change steps are easy and doable.
- Visit to the nearby Aadhar Card Centre for Aadhar Card Photo Change.
- Down the Aadhar Card enrollment form from the uidai website for aadhar card photo change.
- Fill the form while carefully updating the details.
- Now the officer will take the picture for aadhar photo change.
- Now you need to pay Rs 25 for Aadhar Card Photo Change.
- You will get acknowledgment slip that can be used later to check the status of Aadhar Card Photo Change.
How to Change Photo in Aadhar Card Online
If you want to know how change photo in Aadhar card online, then do go through the below pointers.
- Visit e-Aadhar on uidai.gov to exchange photo in Aadhar chard
- Film in the form carefully
- You will directed on how to change photo in Aadhar card online then.
Can We Update Date of Birth in Aadhar Card Online
- For this you need list of documents for aadhar card.
- Also, fill in your correct DOB on uidai.gov.in
Husband Address Proof for Wife Aadhar Card
- For newlyweds, the Aadhar Card Address Change Document includes marriage certificate or a document containing a proof of the marriage of the applicant issued originally by the Marriage Registrar.
- You can also visit your nearest AADHAR enrollment center to get a soft copy of your updated AADHAR. However don't forget to carry along the aadhar card address change documents.
Now you know how to change photo in aadhar card - yes, the above steps can help you in the process of Aadhar card photo change easily, Rest, check the procedure online. So you can go ahead and plan your perfect honeymoon, set a joint bank account, file for income tax breaks, or even buy a house together with your new husband without having to worry about the red tape of AADHAR card name change.
Do you have more enquiries about aadhar card edit, aadhar card name change online, for information regarding documents required for aadhar or how to change photo in aadhar card? Comment below.
With Words by - Meha Khera