Promotions you might be interested in
The Crème Castle
D Cake Creations
The Bombay Bakehouse
Wedding Cakes - Find the Best
What is a celebration without a cake being cut? Cake cutting not only holds significance as a traditional practice but it is also one of the most fun parts of any celebration. Traditionally cakes at weddings were served once the couple cut the cake right after they exchanged vows and then this very cake was served at the reception - this would be more of a Christian wedding setup. However, with time and evolution of weddings the cake cutting ceremony became a mandate of every happy ceremony that takes place at Indian weddings of any culture. The designs and the taste and the flavour of the wedding cake is what makes it unique and memorable for all.
While the cake signifies a good omen for the couple who just got married, feeding the cake to each other after the ceremony is also a mark of commitment that the couple makes towards each other. Whether you want cakes for your bachelorette, engagement, wedding, reception or even for your baby shower and birthdays in general - WeddingWire India enlists numerous cake providers from all over the country who can fulfil your requirements. Right from looking for the best cake shop in town to finding the perfect wedding cake and negotiating the price per kg, the WeddingWire India app will guide you along the way with the amazing filter options on board. You can easily shortlist the best cake designs or the latest cake designs from these bakers and cake shops and make your wedding cake a delicious and unforgettable one.
What can you ask a wedding cake baker?
There are certain queries that you must have and certain that you might miss while having THE conversation with the wedding cake provider. We have listed a few of the questions you can ask your wedding cake baker or wedding cake provider.
- Availability: You need to know the right time to order your wedding cake. Baker’s and wedding cake shops in demand might have a hard time delivering their best work if you come in at the last minute, especially when the Saya season is on. Check their availability on the required dates and time.
- Prices: Most bakers and wedding cake makers have a price per kg system. However, you can ask them the prices depending on the designs and of course weight too. A tiered cake will cost you more than a simple traditional cake with simple piping and no fondant. Check the possibilities before fixing the prices.
- Flavours: There are endless flavours available when it comes to wedding cakes and the prices of the cakes also depend on them. In case you want a rare flavour in your cake, you might need to confirm if the baker can provide for the same or not beforehand.
- Customisation: Before you even place an order, you might have a basic idea of how you want your wedding cake to look. You can check Pinterest and Instagram too for inspiration. You can ask your baker if they can customise cakes as per preferences or will you have to choose from select designs that they offer.
- Delivery/Pickup: Most bakers will deliver the cakes to your doorstep if the wedding venue is nearby. Check with the bakers if they will deliver to your venue or you will need to arrange for a pickup. These might include packaging or setup costs if any.
- Tasting: If you are looking for a different flavour apart from the mainstream ones or maybe you want to taste how exactly the strawberry cake or vanilla muffins taste, you can ask the baker or cake shop to allow you a testing session where you can try some or all the flavours that they have to help you pick the right flavour of wedding cake.
How to find the best wedding cakes using WeddingWire India?
- The Region filter on the WeddingWire India app and website allows you to pick a location as per your convenience and preference. This makes picking a wedding cakes shop near you an easy process. Once the location filter is applied, you can then see the cake shops in that area displayed on your screen with their estimated prices mentioned next to them.
- These options can then be further sorted using the price per kg filter. The price per kg filter helps you find a wedding cake provider near you within an estimated wedding budget that you have allocated to the wedding cake. The per kg costs start at under inr 500 and based on the flavours, shapes, size and designs the price can go up to INR 5000 and more.
- There are different types of cake that you can pick from. There are eggless cakes, sugar free, gluten free, diabetic-friendly, lactose free and vegan cakes that you can make your pick from. You can pick one or more types of cakes that you are looking for for your wedding and filter the numerous options based on the same. In fact, you can even check some of the reviews that other realcouples have provided on their storefronts before finalising them.
- Furthermore, you can work on customising not only the cake but your prices and packages too. Click on the request pricing tab to find the best available packages from the vendor directly or you can take help of the expert customer services available at WeddingWire India for guidance.
- Some popular wedding cake vendors on-board that you can check are For The Love of Cake, Mummalicious Bangalore, The Twisted Bakery, N & N The Cake Shop, Cake on Wheels DLF Phase 1, Cakeitarian, La Folie and so on.
Find Best Wedding Cakes
Frequently Asked Questions in Wedding Cakes
What is the price of a two-tier wedding cake in India?
Will the wedding cake be delivered to the venue?
How to find wedding cake shops near me?
Can wedding cakes be customised?