Promotions in your area
Mitali EventsRating 5.0 out of 5, 1 review,(1)
- Exclusive discount20% discount for WeddingWire.in couples
Brim EntertainmentRating 5.0 out of 5, 2 reviews,(2)
Sanju Meena - Anchor
- Exclusive discount3% discount for WeddingWire.in couples
Mehfil Ae Nawab Hookah CateringRating 4.9 out of 5, 2 reviews,(2)
Weddings are all about fun. One of the easiest ways to create a fun environment for your wedding guests is to hire professional wedding entertainment. The question many couples grapple with is what form that entertainment should take. Wedding entertainers come in many flavours, from dancers and musicians to artists and awards presenters. The types of wedding entertainment you choose will be influenced by your interests, your tastes, the types of Indian wedding activities you have planned and what your guests will enjoy most.
Wedding Entertainment Is Not a Budget Buster
Some couples don’t explore the idea of booking wedding entertainers beyond musicians or a DJ because they assume entertainment is expensive. Some wedding entertainment certainly is – celebrity appearances and performances by large dance troupes, for instance – but a lot of entertainment options are priced to fit into the average wedding budget. There are also DIY wedding entertainment ideas you can coordinate relatively easily and inexpensively, like a candy and prosecco bar or a homegrown dance number.
Creative Wedding Entertainment Ideas
Here are some fun ideas that guests will love:
- Fireworks – A dramatic professional fireworks display will take any outdoor evening wedding to the next level.
- Table trivia – There are many great trivia games for wedding events, but make sure your emcee is up to the task of running them.
- An awards ceremony – This is a great way to thank the special people in your life for their contributions to your happiness.
- Wedding photobooths – These give guests something to do and a memento of your special day.
- Karaoke – Given the right crowd, karaoke can be even better than a DJ or live band.
- Bollywood dancers – This may be the most loved form of Indian wedding entertainment around, whether dancers specialise in traditional or contemporary choreography.
- Caricatures – Hiring a caricaturist to make quick and quirky sketches of guests means you don’t have to worry about choosing the perfect favour for them to take home.
- Aerialists and acrobats – Your wedding events will be all the more spectacular and memorable when you have these performers doing amazing tricks for your guests.
Two Tips for Booking Wedding Entertainment
Keep your venue in mind when you’re booking wedding entertainers. Not every venue can accommodate the needs of aerialists or a jazz band, for example. Space will be the biggest constraint, and some venues also have noise, fire and equipment restrictions. Make sure you check with your venue before booking wedding entertainment so you don’t run afoul of any rules.
Keep your guest list in mind, too. Will you have entertainment for all your guests? Many people don’t enjoy karaoke but will happily strike silly poses in a photobooth. Are your entertainment choices kid-friendly? If you choose entertainment that’s fun for everyone, your wedding will be the event of the year.
Booking your wedding entertainment is important, but there’s still lots to do before you say "I do." Luckily, WeddingWire has everything you need (like comprehensive wedding provider listings, a wedding website builder and wedding to-do lists) to help you plan a wonderful wedding.