150+ Best Friendship Quotes to Celebrate Your Special Bond With Your Best Friend
Can't find the right words to express your love for your BFF? Here are some wholesome friendship quotes to help you out.
Photographer: Multiverse Wedding
Although gifts are an excellent way to express love, some of us have difficulty describing our feelings for friends with words. No matter how many times you've seen each other rise and fall, picked each other up putting these emotions into words can be challenging for many. Thankfully, friendship quotes can help you put your emotions into words and express your gratitude for your friends.
It is only natural that you'll fall short of words when expressing your love for them at their wedding ceremonies or on any other occasion - you may be overwhelmed by your overwhelming feelings for them. That's why we have compiled a list of some of the best friends quotes that will help you out. To make it easier for you, here are 150+ friendship quotes that will help you describe your eternal friendship with your BFF and get them teary-eyed!
In this article:
1. Funny Friendship Quotes
2. Short Friendship Quotes
3. Meaningful Friendship Quotes
4. Sad & Broken Friendship Quotes
5. Long Distance Friendship Quotes
Funny Friendship Quotes
Photographer: Wedlock Productions
Trying to make your best friend laugh on a gloomy day? There's nothing that works better than funny friendship quotes to bring a smile on their face! Let us help you find the right one with these handpicked options of these funny friendship quotes.
- "Friendship is finding that special someone you can annoy for the rest of your life." - Unknown
- "Friends come and go, like the waves of the ocean. But the true ones stick to your face like sand at the beach." - Unknown
- "We'll be friends until we're old and senile... and then we'll be new friends!" - Unknown
- "A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you... even when you're embarrassing." - Unknown
- "Friends don't let friends do silly things alone." - Unknown
- "I don't need a psychiatrist to prod into my personal life and make me tell them all my secrets. I have my friends for that." - Unknown
- "Best friends are the ones who can go from serious to hilarious in a matter of seconds." - Unknown
- "Friends buy you food. Best friends eat your food." - Unknown
- "A true friend is someone who thinks you're funny even when you're not." - Unknown
- "We'll be the old ladies causing trouble in the nursing home." - Unknown
- "Life was meant for good friends and great adventures... and a few inside jokes." - Unknown
- "Best friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they're always there... laughing at your jokes." - Unknown
- "Friends are like bras: supportive, close to your heart, and always there to lift you up." - Unknown
- "You don't have to be crazy to be my friend, but it sure helps!" - Unknown
- "Friendship is sharing a big bag of snacks and saying, 'We'll finish this in one sitting!'" - Unknown
- "A true friend is someone who can make you laugh even when you're in the middle of a serious argument." - Unknown
- "Best friends don't judge each other. They judge other people... together." - Unknown
- "We'll be friends forever because you already know too much!" - Unknown
- "Friends are like potatoes. When you eat them, they die." - Unknown
- "A best friend is someone you can call at any hour and say, 'I need bail money.' And they'll respond with, 'Again?'" - Unknown
Short Friendship Quotes
Photographer: Naman Verma Photography
You can brighten up your bestie's day in very few words. All you need to do is send them a short friendship quote and they will be filled with joy and warmth! Here are some of our favourite short friendship quotes you can copy and paste.
- “We’ve not known each other for too long but again true friendship isn’t about whom you’ve known the longest but who came and always stood by your side.”
- “You, my best friend, have always made good times better and hard times easier!”
- “I don’t have words to express nor do I have tears to shed. I don’t want to ask for a smile, or a hand to hold. All I need is to be your best friend forever!”
- "There are rare people who will show up at the right time, help you through the hard times and stay into your best times… Those are the keepers."
- "A true friend cares like a mom, scolds like a dad, teases like a sister, irritates like a brother, and loves more than a lover."
- "If you find just one true friend in your lifetime, you have been truly blessed."
- “You and I -- we’re family. Not because we’re related by blood but because we’ve been there for each other when no one else was.”
- “I will always bring out the best in you. I'm not perfect but I will always be perfect for you.”
- “No matter what happens, no matter how far away we are, we’ll never be a part in our hearts.”
- “You've been my angel -- you've lifted me to my feet when my wings have had trouble remembering how to fly!”
- “I can't describe you in words but I can describe you with the memories that we've had!”
- “Even though we've had major fights, we've not been able to stay mad at each other for too long because we've always had important stuff to tell each other.”
- "Good friends are like stars, you don’t always see them, but you know they are there."
- "Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival."
- "Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend forever."
- "Friends forever, no matter the distance." - Unknown
- "You and me, we're unstoppable." - Unknown
- "Best friends make the good times better and the hard times easier." - Unknown
- "Side by side or miles apart, friends are always close to the heart." - Unknown
- "Together, we can conquer the world." - Unknown
- "Best friends: the ones you can get mad at only for a short period because you have important stuff to tell them." - Unknown
- "In the dictionary, 'friend' comes right after 'family' because that's what you are to me." - Unknown
- "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." - Walter Winchell
- "A true friend is someone who is always there during the ups and downs, laughter and tears." - Unknown
- "Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together." - Woodrow Wilson
- "A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself." - Jim Morrison
- "A true friend is someone who listens, understands, and never judges." - Unknown
- "Friendship is not about whom you have known the longest, but about who came and never left your side." - Unknown
- "A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you." - Elbert Hubbard
- "A friend is someone who makes it easy to believe in yourself." - Heidi Wills
- "Friendship is the comfort of knowing that even when you feel alone, you are not." - Unknown
- "A true friend is someone who brings out the best in you." - Unknown
- "Friendship is the sweetest form of love." - Jeremy Taylor
- "A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden." - Unknown
- "In the cookie of life, friends are the chocolate chips." - Unknown
- "A good friend knows all your best stories, but a best friend has lived them with you." - Unknown
- "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves." - Edna Buchanan
- "A true friend is the greatest of all blessings." - Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself." - Lyman Abbott
- "Friendship is the only cure for a broken heart." - Unknown
Also Read: Get Together Forever Quote Ideas for your Wedding
Meaningful Friendship Quotes
Photographer: Sunny Dhiman Photography
Are you feeling overjoyed with the lovely bond you share with your best friend and want to express it to them correctly? We've got a list of some thoughtful friendship quotes for them. So just scroll on, find your favourite friendship quote and brighten up their day!
- “Our friendship is not just about being there for each other. It's about understanding each other a bit more than we understand ourselves.”
- "Talking to you has sometimes been all the therapy that I needed."
- “I'm always going to be there for you, even when you ask me to leave.”
- "I promise to never stop listening to your drama..."
- “Our friendship is the most wonderful thing, we listen to everything that we have to say to each other and we also listen to everything that we don't say to each other.”
- "I always have and will always tell you what you need to hear, even when it's not easy.."
- “I can’t imagine a day without you, dear best friend. You’ve been so hard to find, harder to leave even in the most difficult times, and impossible to forget even when I’ve been mad at you!"
- "A true friend is someone who does not get tired of your pointless drama."
- "A good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have."
- "Our friendship is not just about being there for each other. It's about understanding each other a bit more than we understand ourselves.”
- We don't just have to be there for each other. We have to understand each other more than we do ourselves.
- "My only source of therapy has sometimes been talking to you."
- "No matter what you ask of me, I will always be there for you."
- "You can count on me to listen to your drama nonstop."
- "Our friendship is the most wonderful thing, we listen to everything we say to each other and also listen to everything we don't say to each other.”
- "No matter how hard it may be to hear, I will always tell you what you need to hear. "
- "My best friend, I can't imagine a day without you. You have been difficult to find, harder to leave even in the most difficult times, and impossible to forget even when we disagree."
- "An ideal friend is the one who doesn't tire of your pointless drama."
- "I like to compare a good friend to a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to own.
- "A true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the smile on your face." - Unknown
- "In the journey of life, friends are the stars that illuminate our path and make it more meaningful." - Unknown
- "A best pal is someone who knows all your flaws and still believes you are absolutely amazing." - Unknown
- "Friendship isn't about whom you've known the longest, but about who came into your life and never left, providing unwavering support and love." - Unknown
- “We’ve not necessarily had to talk every day. We’ve even gone without talking for weeks. But when we have spoken to each other, it’s like we never stopped talking.”
- “We’ve laughed at the silliest jokes, put up with each other at our worst, gone along with the craziest of ideas and that’s what makes us the most amazing best friends!”
- “That’s the thing about you and me -- like siblings, we’ve pissed each other off and made each other cry but in the end, we’ve always been there, to laugh with each other even at our darkest times.”
- “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.” — Thomas J. Watson.
- “A real friend walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
- “The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy to your soul.” — Shanna Rodriguez
- “Don’t be afraid of new beginnings. Don’t shy away from new people, new energy, new surroundings. Embrace new chances at happiness.” — Billy Chipata
- “Each new friendship can make you a new person because it opens up new doors inside of you.” — Kate DiCamillo
- “No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth.” — Robert Southey
- “Throughout life, you will meet one person who is like no other. You could talk to this person for hours and never get bored, you could tell this person things and they will never judge you. This person is your soulmate, your best friend. Don’t ever let them go.” — Unknown
Also Read: Wedding Anniversary Wishes: 275+ Happy Marriage Anniversary Messages & Quotes For Your Loved Ones
Sad & Broken Friendship Quotes
Are you heartbroken with a friendship break-up and want to let your friend know about how you're feeling? We understand it can be difficult to put your feeling in words at such a time and that's why we're here with friendship quotes that will help you out.
- "Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same: letting go of a broken friendship." - Unknown
- "Broken friendships leave a void in the heart that time alone cannot heal." - Unknown
- "It's heartbreaking when a friendship that meant the world to you becomes a distant memory." - Unknown
- "The pain of a broken friendship is often deeper than any other pain, for it stems from a loss of trust and connection." - Unknown
- "When a friendship shatters, it feels like a piece of your soul has been torn away." - Unknown
- "Broken friendships remind us that not every bond is meant to last, no matter how much we wish it would." - Unknown
- "The silence between two friends who were once inseparable speaks volumes about the brokenness that lies beneath." - Unknown
- "Nothing hurts more than realizing that a friendship you cherished has turned into a mere stranger passing by." - Unknown
- "You never expect that the one you called your best friend would one day become a faded memory." - Unknown
- "A broken friendship is like a shattered mirror. The pieces may still remain, but the reflection will never be the same." - Unknown
- "The hardest part of a broken friendship is the unanswered questions and the lingering 'what ifs'." - Unknown
- "Friendships that crumble often leave behind scars that remind us of the pain we once endured." - Unknown
- "When a friendship ends, it feels like a chapter of your life has been abruptly torn out, leaving an unfinished story." - Unknown
- "The pain of losing a friend is inexplicable. It's a wound that only time can try to heal." - Unknown
- "Broken friendships teach us that not everyone we meet is meant to stay in our lives forever." - Unknown
- "You never realize how much a friendship means to you until it's broken and irreparable." - Unknown
- "The absence of a once cherished friend leaves an emptiness that no one else can fill." - Unknown
- "It's heartbreaking to witness the deterioration of a friendship you once held so dear." - Unknown
- "The pain of a broken friendship is a constant reminder of the fragility of human connections." - Unknown
- "When a friendship ends, it feels like a piece of your heart has been snatched away, leaving behind a void." - Unknown
- "The sadness of a broken friendship lingers, casting a shadow on even the brightest days." - Unknown
- "A broken friendship is a heavy weight that drags down the spirit and dampens the soul." - Unknown
- "The memories of a broken friendship haunt us, reminding us of what was and what can never be again." - Unknown
- "Friendships that fall apart leave behind shattered dreams and aching hearts." - Unknown
- "The pain of a broken friendship can be likened to a never-ending ache that lingers in the depths of your being." - Unknown
- "When a friendship is broken, it feels like a betrayal that stings deeper than any other wound." - Unknown
- "The loneliness of a broken friendship is a constant companion, a reminder of what once was." - Unknown
- "The shattered pieces of a broken friendship are scattered like fragments of a broken mirror, reflecting the pain within." - Unknown
- "No matter how hard you try to mend a broken friendship, some cracks are too deep to be repaired." - Unknown
- "The pain of a broken friendship can't be measured, for it's a loss that cuts deep into the core of your being." - Unknown
Also Read: 100+ Best Birthday Wishes for a Friend to Make Their Birthday Extra Special
Long Distance Friendship Quotes
Photographer: Through the Barrel
Being in a long distance with your best friend sucks. When you can't see your best friend on a daily basis, it can get difficult to spend quality time with them and express your gratitude for their presence in your life. Don't let distance get the best of you and send them these long-distance friendship quotes today!
- "Distance may separate us, but it can never diminish the bond of our friendship." - Unknown
- "True friendship knows no boundaries, not even the miles that separate us." - Unknown
- "No matter how far apart we are, our friendship remains strong and unwavering." - Unknown
- "Distance is just a test to see how far true friendship can travel." - Unknown
- "Even though we may be miles apart, our hearts are always connected, woven together by the thread of friendship." - Unknown
- "In the realm of true friendship, distance is merely an illusion." - Unknown
- "Physical distance cannot diminish the closeness we share in our hearts." - Unknown
- "Friends are like stars. Even if we can't always see each other, we know we're always there." - Unknown
- "Our friendship is a testament to the fact that distance is powerless against true connections." - Unknown
- "The miles that separate us are insignificant compared to the strength of our friendship." - Unknown
- "Though we may be in different time zones, our friendship transcends time and space." - Unknown
- "Distance is just a temporary hurdle in the journey of our everlasting friendship." - Unknown
- "Distance may keep us apart, but it cannot diminish the love and care we have for each other." - Unknown
- "No matter how many miles stand between us, our friendship remains constant and unwavering." - Unknown
- "Our friendship is not bound by geography. It thrives on the wings of love and understanding." - Unknown
- "Distance is a reminder of how much we value and cherish our friendship." - Unknown
- "Though the roads we travel may be different, they always lead us back to the embrace of our friendship." - Unknown
- "Distance cannot erase the memories we've shared or the laughter we've enjoyed together." - Unknown
- "Our friendship defies distance, for it is built on trust, loyalty, and unconditional support." - Unknown
- "No matter the distance, you are always close to my heart, my dear friend." - Unknown
- "Our friendship is like a bridge that spans the distance, connecting our hearts forever." - Unknown
- "Time zones may separate us, but our friendship knows no limits." - Unknown
- "Distance is merely a test of how far our friendship can stretch without breaking." - Unknown
- "Physical distance may keep us apart, but our souls are forever intertwined in friendship." - Unknown
- "Our friendship knows no borders, as it transcends the limitations of distance and time." - Unknown
- "Distance may be the space between us, but it cannot diminish the love and affection we share." - Unknown
- "No matter the miles that separate us, our friendship remains as strong as ever." - Unknown
- "Distance is a reminder of the strength of our friendship, for it withstands the test of time and distance." - Unknown
- "Though we may be oceans apart, our friendship bridges the gap, connecting us heart to heart." - Unknown
- "Distance cannot dim the light of our friendship. It only makes it shine brighter." - Unknown
If you’ve been thinking of what to say to your BFF this Friendship day, then these friendship quotes are all you need to sweep your best friend off their feet on the D-DAY! Whether it’s about raising a toast to your wonderful friendship, sending a text right before they walk in for the ceremony, or simply expressing how much this timeless friendship means to you, these best friends quotes will work wonders.
Which one is your favorite friendship quote? Share with us in the comments below!
With words by Anwesha Das & Jaya Ramsinghani