120+ Wedding Quotes to Express Your Feelings on the Big Day
Can't find the right words to express your feelings on the big day? Here are some of the best wedding quotes to help you out.
Weddings are super emotional events and can be overwhelming for a lot of us. On these incredibly busy yet special events, it is easy to forget to wish the couple or your partner and express your feelings. That's where wedding quotes can be super helpful. You might be running around with the last-minute wedding preparations and wedding planning- be it stage decor, bridal lehenga ironing, coordinating with the wedding planner or more, but you should never forget to let your bestie/ bride or groom or partner how happy you are for them and how special the day is for you as well.
If you're wondering where you can find the right wedding quotes that will help you put your feelings into words, you've come to the right place. We've curated some of our favourite wedding quotes for you to wish the happy couple or your partner lots of love and happiness. So scroll on the find the perfect wedding quotes!
In this article:
1. Wedding Wishes Quotes
2. Pre Wedding Quotes
3. Wedding Day Quotes
4. Sister Wedding Quotes
5. Friends Wedding Quotes
6. Wedding Quotes for Bride
7. Short Wedding Quotes
Wedding Wishes Quotes
Find Top Photographers Near You
Looking for wedding wishes quotes for the happy couple? We've curated an impressive list of wedding quotes that will help you wish your favourite couple in the most special way. Make their big day even more magical with these amazing wedding wishes quotes!
- "Once in a while, right in the middle of ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale." - Anonymous
- "You look good wearing my future." - Keith, Some Kind of Wonderful
- "Together is a beautiful place to be." - Anonymous
- "You will forever be my always." - Anonymous
- "I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow." - Leo Christopher
- "I love you, and that’s the beginning and end of everything." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
- "Marry someone who laughs at the same things you do." - J.D. Salinger
- "I promise you to lay my heart in the palm of your hands. I promise you me." - Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy
- "Perhaps we were friends first and lovers second. But then perhaps this is what lovers are." - André Aciman, Call Me By Your Name
- "In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine." – Maya Angelou
- "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." – Harry, When Harry Met Sally
- "I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone." - Arwen, J. R. R. Tolkien
- "The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along." – Rumi
- "Grow old along with me; the best is yet to be." - Robert Browning
- "You don't marry the person you can live with—you marry the person you can't live without." - Anonymous
Also Read: 150+ Popular Wedding Wishes to Help You Wish the Happy Couple
Pre Wedding Quotes
Courtship is one of the best times of your life. The anticipation and romanticism make it a beautiful time with your partner-to-be that you will never forget in your life. To make this time even more special and to express your love to your partner, here are some pre wedding quotes we know you'll love. We've gathered these pre wedding quotes, especially for you, so scroll on and find the perfect one!
- "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."
- "Better than I was, More than I am, And all of this happened, By taking your hand"
- "At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet."
- "Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering."
- “When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.”
- "Marriage lets you annoy one special person for the rest of your life"
- "We weren’t sure about this until we read about all the tax breaks."
- "They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning."
- "If my husband doesn’t start crying when he sees me walking down the aisle, I’m turning around and doing it again."
- "Better start drinking now; it only gets worse from here.
- I’m yours 100%! All sales final!
- "Happiness is anyone and anything at all, that's loved by you."'
- "I love you. You annoy me more than I ever thought possible, but… I want to spend every irritating minute with you."
- "Now join your hands, and with your hands your hearts."
- "To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness."
- “And I’ve realised that the Beatles got it wrong. Love isn’t all we need—love is all there is.”
- "To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there."
- "The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege."
- "A happy family is but an earlier heaven."
- "It’s always a blessing to celebrate a special day surrounded by everyone you love. Thank you for coming and squeezing in a little time to spend with us."
- "Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life, on every occasion, at every turn.”
Also Read: Top Photographers and Locations for a Dreamy Pre-wedding Shoot in Jaipur
Wedding Day Quotes
So the big day is here! It is impossible to put your feelings in words on this big day especially if it is your friend or cousin getting married. To help you wish the happy couple, here are some wedding day quotes that will help you express your emotions the right way. All you need to do is scroll, find the right wedding quotes and share!
- "Your wedding day may come and go, but may your love forever grow. Congratulations to the perfect couple!"
- "You’ll always remember this day. Hope it’s even more beautiful and perfect than you’ve been dreaming, and hope it’s just the start of a lifetime that just gets better and better."
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
- “Love is patient, love is kind, love does not insist on its own way. Love bears all things, believes all things, endures all things, Love never fails.”
- “May the love and happiness you feel today shine through the years.”
- “When you look for the right person, you always end up with the wrong one. But when you just sit by the corner and wait, he comes along and shares the corner with you.”
- “May your marriage be filled with all the right ingredients: a heap of love, a dash of humour, a touch of romance, and a spoonful of understanding. May your joy last forever. Congratulations!”
- "Of all the big life events we’ve celebrated over the years, today tops the list. Congrats!”
- "Best wishes on this wonderful journey, as you build your new lives together.”
- “Marriages are settled in heaven but celebrated on earth. The unity of two souls written right from birth.”
- “A good marriage is one where each partner secretly suspects they got the better deal”
- “Marriage has no guarantees. If that’s what you’re looking for, go live with a car battery.”—Erma Bombeck
- “Only married people understand you can be miserable and happy at the same time.”—Chris Rock
- “Marriage is a bond between a person who never remembers anniversaries and another who never forgets them.”
- “Marrying a man is like buying something you’ve been admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn’t always go with everything else.”
- “Romance is the icing, but love is the cake.”
- “All my friends are getting married. I guess I’m just at that age where people give up.”—Amy Schumer
- “When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s either car or a new wife.”
- “Being a good husband is like being a stand-up comic. You need 10 years before you can call yourself a beginner.”—Jerry Seinfeld
- “A good marriage is like a casserole: only those responsible for it really know what goes in it.”
Also Read: 110+ Wedding Instagram Captions for Couples to Take the Internet by Storm
Sister Wedding Quotes
A sister's wedding is one of the biggest events in one's life and it is a lot to take in. The big day can be quite overwhelming and it might get difficult to let her know what you're feeling. With these sister wedding quotes, you will be able to put your feelings into words! So go ahead and find the ideal sister wedding quotes and wish your sister on her special day.
- “While you have dreamt and wished for the man of your dreams, I have wished along for a soulmate for you. And now that you have finally found the one, here's wishing you a life full of happiness and love with your soulmate.”
- “My precious sister is all grown up and dressed up in a red wedding trousseau. As you walk down the aisle full of happiness and excitement, I will capture that moment teary-eyed in my heart for a lifetime. Congratulations, my darling sister!”
- “My sweet sister, I thank God for blessing you with Mr Right who makes you feel complete and special. You will always remain my soul sister with whom I have lived and shared the best childhood one can ask for. Have a blissful married life ahead.”
- “Now that you enter into marital bliss, the responsibilities will change, bringing with it many roles that you will play in this marital life. But knowing you, my precious, I know you have an aura to attract happiness, prosperity, love and bonding. Don’t let this light in you ever diminish as I look upon you from near and far alike.”
- "To my dear sister, may your wedding day be the start of a beautiful journey filled with love, joy, and endless happiness."
- "As you walk down the aisle, remember that you have always been my source of inspiration. Wishing you a lifetime of love and togetherness on your special day."
- "Sisters are like stars that guide each other through life's journey. Today, as you take your vows, may your love shine brighter than ever before."
- "On this momentous occasion, I raise a toast to the bond we share as sisters and to the love that will forever unite you and your partner. Congratulations on your wedding!"
- "To my sister and her partner, may your love story be an enchanting tale that captivates hearts and inspires others to believe in the magic of true love."
- "A sister's wedding is a celebration of a lifelong friendship, cherished memories, and the beginning of a new chapter. Wishing you an extraordinary day filled with love and laughter."
- "May your wedding day be a reflection of the love you share, a day filled with laughter, happy tears, and cherished moments. Congratulations, dear sister!"
- "As sisters, we have shared laughter, tears, and countless memories. Today, I celebrate the most beautiful memory of all—your wedding day. May it be everything you've ever dreamed of and more."
- "In the journey of life, finding someone who loves you unconditionally is a blessing. Seeing my sister find that love fills my heart with joy. Congratulations on finding your forever!"
- "To my sister, my confidante, and now the beautiful bride, may your wedding day mark the beginning of a fairytale filled with love, bliss, and happily ever afters."
Also Read: 35+ Best Brother and Sister Songs to Add to Your Wedding Playlist
Friends Wedding Quotes
Your BFF's or your bestie's wedding is bound to be an emotional event. With so many feelings of happiness, it is easy to get overwhelmed. Although, you should not miss out on expressing your love to the couple and let them know how happy you are for them! Here are some of our favourite friends wedding quotes that will surely help you do that. So scroll on and copy paste your favourite friends wedding quotes for your bestie's big day.
- "Listen, I know that you’re getting married and you’ll have responsibilities and stuff. But do not forget that I’m going to be your number one always, even if that means I’ll have to go into a (thumb) wrestling match with your mister. Got it?"
- "From playing ghar-ghar and fighting about who’d get to play the elder sister to growing up and having each other’s backs when we went out on secret dates with our dorky school-time boyfriends, we’ve been through it all. Don’t you worry, okay? I had your back then and I have your back now."
- "Let’s not go the cliche way and say things like “who will I go out shopping with” and “who will go to the salon with me” please? You’re getting married, not going to space. I’m right here and will always be!"
- "We met each other on the first day of college and I knew right that moment that this friendship would last a lifetime. Let your mister know that you are mine before you’re his, okay? I don’t want any drama later!"
- "It’s always been my duty to spot red flags and tell you when the guy you’re dating is not good enough for you. But with this one, all I have ever felt for you is complete certainty that he will make you happy for the rest of your life. I would never let you settle for a smidgen less than what you deserve because you deserve the best, and he is the best."
- "The people who talk about Romeo-Juliet, Heer-Ranjha, Anna-Kristoff have surely never seen you with your Prince Charming. You guys are amazing together and I’m 200% sure that you will keep each other more than happy always. Having said that, once you get married, please begin the search for my Prince Charming. Cool? Cool."
- "Hey bestie, please forget about the guests, the food, the flower arrangements and simply be there with your groom-to-be. Forget about the world and enjoy every moment. Let your love for each other be the only thing that guides you through this amazing journey. For everything else that needs to be taken care of, I’m there!"
- "I can’t promise I won’t cry on your wedding day. I can’t promise I won’t pull you onto the dance floor to dance to all of OUR songs. I can’t promise I won’t tell you how you should have married me instead, at least once. But I promise that I’ll make sure this day is the best, the day my best friend married the love of her life."
- “All marriages are happy. It's the living together afterwards that causes all the trouble.” - Raymond Hull. We agree - here's what we've read, heard and say about life after the wedding!
- “The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.” - Henny Youngman. We hope you're able to figure out that one for yourself!
- "All my friends are getting married. I guess I'm just at that age where people give up." - Amy Schumer
- "Look, you want to know what a real wedding is really like? Fine. You wake up, she's there. You come back from work, she's there. You fall asleep, she's there. You eat dinner, she's there. You know? I mean, I know that sounds like a bad thing, but it's not." - Ray Barone
- “Marriage is like a game of chess, except the board is flowing water, the pieces are made of smoke and no move you make will have any effect on the outcome.” - Jerry Seinfeld
- “By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.” - Socrates
- “Eighteen is too young to get married. You can’t even buy alcohol. If you can’t drink, how are you going to make your marriage work?” – Lisa Landry
Also Read: 150+ Best Friendship Quotes to Celebrate Your Special Bond With Your Best Friend
Wedding Quotes for Bride
Whether you're a groom looking for wedding quotes for bride or a friend looking to wish a bride on her wedding day, you've landed at the right place. These wedding quotes for bride will ensure you express your feeling in the perfect way and make the bride smile brighter on her wedding day.
- “I guarantee you we’ll mess up. I guarantee you, we will fight. But I also guarantee you, we will never stop loving each other”.
- “I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then”- Cassandra Clare.
- “I know no ways to mince it in love, but directly to say 'I love you'”- William Shakespeare.
- “No matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other”- from The Vow.
- “When I look at you, I can feel it. I look at you and I'm home”- from Finding Nemo.
- “I ask you to pass through life at my side—to be my second self, and best earthly companion”- Charlotte Bronte.
- “Sweet wonderful you…You make me happy with the things you do…Oh can it be so…This feeling follows me where I go”- Fleetwood Mac.
- “How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?”- The Dixie Chicks.
- “My nights have become brighter than sunshine since the day I’ve met you”.
- “Maybe it is our imperfections which make us so perfect for one another”.
- “I know I am in love with you because my reality is finally better than my dreams”- Dr. Seuss.
- “When I look into your eyes, I know I have found the mirror of my soul”- Joey W. Hill.
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; So I love you because I know no other way”-Pablo Neruda.
- “Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that create your love story.” - Jennifer Smith
- “What’s the best way to get your husband to remember your anniversary? Get married on his birthday.” Cindy garner
- “To keep your marriage brimming; with love in the loving cup. Whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up.” - Ogden Nash
- "Marriage is...sharing life with your best friend, enjoying the journey along the way and arriving at every destination...together." — Fawn Weaver
- "Hey, beautiful one. You knew today would be a little tricky. Hang tight, love. You're walking in the right direction. Just keep walking." - Jane Doe
Short Wedding Quotes
Sometimes, you only need a few words to express your love and affection for the happy couple. If you're looking for short wedding quotes that will help you do the same, we've got your back! Scroll on to find the perfect set of short wedding quotes you'd love!
- “I’m so glad to work with you. Huge congratulations on your wedding!”
- “Thank you for inviting me on your big day, I’m so honoured. Huge congratulations to both of you!”
- “You’ve got a promotion with a new title: husband/wife. Congratulations!”
- “Cheers to love, friendship and endless shots of vodka” (if you share a personal relationship with the subject)
- “May you bring each other as much happiness as your friendship has brought to mine”
- “I’m so glad to call you both my friends. Congratulations!”
- “Of all the days we have celebrated till now, today tops the list. Huge congratulations!”
- “May God bless you and your pious union”
- “May God bless you with a lifetime of love and happiness”
- “PFA the wedding gift with lots and lots of love”
- “Best wishes”
- “Congratulations on your wedding!”
- “We’re so happy for you both. Hugs and kisses”
- “Here’s wishing you two a long, happy marriage”
- “Wishing you two an everlasting bounty of love and happiness”
- “May you two celebrate each day of your life beautifully and your love grows by leaps and bounds”
- “Wishing you both joy, love and happiness as you step into a brand-new chapter of your life”
- “May the warmth and love of your life shine through the years”
- “Here’s a little something to begin your happy life with a token of love”
- “Burrp! Thanks for inviting us to a great dinner & drinks evening. We had a great time, hope you will too”
- “As Bill and Ted said “Be excellent to each other”
- “Our marriage advice: Love, Respect and do the laundry together”
- “Love is patient, love is kind, love never fails and God will grace this beautiful pair”
- “May God grant all your wishes and bring a ton of happiness and warmth your way”
- “Remember the time when you penned poems for your imaginary gf/bf? You were right, you truly accomplished your dream today. Congratulations!”
So you're all set to attend that much awaited wedding or even get married yourself? We're sure these wedding quotes will help you find the right words for what you're feeling and express your love to your partner or friend. So go ahead and steal the perfect wedding quotes and make the big day super special.
Do have some more quotes to share? Write to us in the comments below.