6 Easy Hairstyles to Do Yourself for a Wedding, DIY Brides!
Why depend on a hairstylist to do your hair for your big day? We are sharing with you the best and easy hairstyles to do yourself for a wedding. These super-stylish do's will ensure that you look elegant with every outfit.
The wedding season has started already and if you are struggling to find a good hairdresser, don’t worry. Here are a few easy hairstyles to do yourself for a wedding. These elegant styles will suit your bridal makeup and dresses. You can try this yourself without any expert help or styling products.
Easy hairstyles to do yourself for a wedding by hair type:
Feel that your hair doesn't listen to you? Let's tackle them first by hair type:
1. Silky, smooth and straight hair:
If you have silky, smooth and straight hair, you can easily make a doughnut bun that is a classic choice. It is simple and you don’t need much styling products for this one. All you need is a hair elastic band, U-Pins, Hair Donut, a wide-toothed and a fine-toothed comb, some spray to hold the hairstyle and to accessorise your bun you can use flower accents.
How to Style:
- Untangle your hair with a wide-toothed comb.
- With the help of a fine-toothed comb, make a partition of around two inches of hair each from both the temple area and make a ponytail with the remaining section of the hair.
- Now, put the end of the ponytail inside the hair doughnut.
- Roll the hair doughnut in such a way that when it's done, the ponytail is not visible from outside.
- Secure it with the help of U pins.
- Now, take the loose ends from the temple area and make a cross around the bun and secure it at the bottom of the bun.
- Apply the spray so that your hairdo is fixed and styled in its place for long.
2. Wavy hair:
If you have wavy hair, this hairstyle will definitely make you look gorgeous. All you need is a fine-toothed comb, bobby pins, hairspray to hold the hairstyle and a bumpit. If you need neatly done waves that are evenly spread, then you can opt for a curling rod and then a wide-toothed comb that will set them loose to flow. Hair accessories can be the highlight too. This is one of the very simple yet easy hairstyles to do yourself for a wedding.
How to Style:
- Untangle your hair with your fingers and put a bumpit below the hair of the crown of your head.
- Now, leave the bangs as it is.
- With the help of the comb, smooth the hair above the bumpit and secure them behind your head with the help of bobby pins.
- Apply the hairspray to secure the hairstyle.
- Accentuate the look with floral accents and jewellery.
You can also choose to braid the crown part of your hair and let the rest half of it flow in loose curls to create the perfect look. Accessorise it with flowers or trinklets and these easy hairstyles to do yourself for a wedding will make you look gorgeous without much ado.
3. Curly hair:
Managing curly hair is a task and keeping them in one place is very tough. If you have curly hair and you are looking for easy hairstyles to do yourself for a wedding, this one is perfect for you. All you need is a wide-toothed comb, some hairspray, elastic hair band, bobby pins, U pins and hair accessories. Use a serum that will keep the lustre of the hair intact and not make it look frizzy for the comb.
How to Style:
- Untangle your hair roughly with a wide-toothed comb and part your hair about ¾ from the front section. Skip, if you have a fringe.
- Now, make a high ponytail with an elastic hair band.
- Carefully adjust the curls over the ponytail and hide the band. Secure it with U-pins.
- Take the loose hair from the front section and secure it below the bun with the help of bobby pins.
- Apply hairspray to keep the hair tacked to its place and accessorise with the help of the hair accessories and fresh flower jewellery.
Easy hairstyles to do yourself for a wedding by length:
4. Short hair:
Neeti Mohan has clearly set the trend for the brides with short tresses like in a bob cut or a maybe a layered blunt, and her curls make her look adorable in her lehenga and her comfortable Nike Cortez kicks.
It is always a good idea to let the short hair lose after straightening or curling it. You can make small puff to accentuate the hairstyle or just simply make a centre partition. All you need is a hair straightener, comb, bobby pins, hairspray and a few accessories. The strands of hair that are curled outwards from the face, help you frame the face and keep the elegant yet cute quotient intact and the heads are sure to turn.
How to Style:
- Comb your hair well and straighten or curl them to get a neat and Indian hairstyle.
- Part your hair and start twisting your hair from one side, secure it with a bobby pin on one side. Repeat on the other side as well.
- If you have bangs and can't twist your hair, then give it a wavy tinge with a hair curler.
- After you're done, apply a hairspray, so that your hairstyle stays fresh and in its place for a long time.
- Add colour highlights, bridal jewellery or use small, floral accents on the twisted hair.
- This is a simple yet attractive hairstyle that can add magic to your look.
5. Medium hair:
Buns with half-tied hairstyles look great on medium-length hair. All you need is a comb, some U pins, bobby pins, hair curler, few accessories for hair and hairspray. The half-up-half-down hairstyle increases the layers in your mane, and your tresses look more voluminous and in sync with the grandeur of the occasion.
How to Style:
- You can take half section of hair, comb it and make a high bun; if your hair is thin, then use a small doughnut bun and wrap your hair (tied in a ponytail) around it.
- Now, you can make waves of the remaining hair with curling irons.
- Let the wavy hair lose and accentuate the style with floral jewellery.
- You can also use flowers secured with bobby pins. It looks dramatic and very pretty.
6. Long Hair:
If you have long hair, you can make a puff in the crown area of the head and tie up the rest of the hair in a neat braid. For that, you will need a hair straightener, comb, elastic band for hair, some hair floral jewellery and you are good to go. The use of floral chains of jasmine or other flowers around the braided hair will be an amazing touch to the easy hairstyles to do yourself for a wedding and it gives the impression of a thick mane which is never a bad choice.
How to Style:
- If your hair is not straight, then begin by straightening your tresses.
- Such smooth long hair will help you with sleek and elegant braids.
- You can make a centre or side partition and make a long braid, which is very simple.
- After you are done with the neat and smooth braid, you can use hair accessories to add the gorgeousness or spirally cover the braid with flowers.
- It is a very simple yet attractive hairstyle that takes very less time and it looks very pretty.
Your wedding hairstyle should be comfortable and elegant because you will be covering your head with a dupatta. For curly hair, buns are best because they keep the hair neat, straight, silky and smooth. Similarly, wavy hair can also be converted into gorgeous styles.
For long hair, braids look great and women with medium length hair have the option of braids and buns. With short length hair, letting them loose is the best option.
We hope we've given you enough ideas for your bridal hairstyle. Which one would you try?