Image Courtesy: Shades Photography India
Every couple has a story to tell that makes them unique and adorable. However, sometimes you need the right words to tell these stories or to express your emotions. Expressing feelings is often overwhelming and tricky and to save you from fumbling or finding yourself at a loss of words, we are here to help with our favourite and best couple quotes.
Be it your Man Crush Monday, your Woman Crush Wednesday, your 10th-anniversary caption for social media or even your wedding vows - love quotes or relationship quotes are always a saviour. You will have to admit that relationship/love quotes have a touch of eternity that makes them never go out of style. Some of the nicest proposals have often had the best love couple quotes included in between the lines.
So to help you communicate your feelings better, we have curated a list of the best couple goals quotes for you. Keep scrolling for a beautiful ride through the lines and do not forget to bookmark your favourite.
Romantic Couple Quotes
Set the world on fire with your love! If you are looking for meaningful couple quotes that perfectly capture all your emotions and help you articulate your feelings beautifully to your partner, we have got you covered. While expressing your love can be difficult sometimes, we have created a list of relatable love quotes to make your relationship much sweeter.
1. "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason for madness."- Friedrich Nietzsche
2. "Experts on romance say for a happy marriage there has to be more than a passionate love. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. Which, in my book, is a good definition of friendship." – Marilyn Monroe
3. "Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. Fill each other’s cups but drink not from one cup. Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf. Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone, Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music. Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping. For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts. And stand together, yet not too near together: For the pillars of the temple stand apart, And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow." – Khalil Gibran
4. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you... I could walk through my garden forever.” - Alfred Tennyson
5. "There are lots of people who can call you by your name but there is only one person who can make it sound so special." – Kim Jarabelo
6. "Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down." — Oprah Winfrey
7. “If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love.” — Princess Diana
8. "It feels good to think about you when I'm warm in bed. I feel as if you're curled up there beside me, fast asleep. And I think how great it would be if it were true." – Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood
9. "Can't you see? Every step I have taken, since I was that little girl on the bridge, was to bring me closer to you." – Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha
10. "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." — Victor Hugo
11. "I’d rather be penniless and with you than be a lonely millionaire. You are all the treasure I will ever really need in this life."
12. "I wasn’t expecting you. I didn’t think that we would end up together. The single most extraordinary thing I’ve ever done with my life is fall in love with you. I’ve never been seen so completely, loved so passionately and protected so fiercely." - This Is Us
13. "Love is when you sit beside someone doing nothing, yet you feel perfectly happy." — Unknown
14. "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I’d hoped to give you forever." ― Nicholas Sparks
15. “If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets.” — Haruki Murakami
Inspirational Couple Quotes
Image Courtesy: Sutej Pannu Photography
To bring forth the love you carry for your partner in your heart, you can use these cute couple quotes and combine them with your words to weave magic in the air. The best couple quotes have the capacity to convey your love for your better half in a beautiful way and these are some of the best and most beautiful love couple quotes for you:
1. “Affection is when you see someone’s strengths; love is when you accept someone’s flaws.” – One Day
2. "There are dreamers and there are realists in this world. You'd think the dreamers would find the dreamers, and the realists would find the realists, but more often than not, the opposite is true. You see, the dreamers need the realists to keep them from soaring too close to the sun. And the realists? Well, without the dreamers, they might not ever get off the ground." – Modern Family
3. "You are my heart in human form, a friend I could never replace." – Tupac Shakur
4. “Remember that creating a successful marriage is like farming: you have to start over again every morning.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr
5. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." — Lao Tzu
6. "Look, you want to know what marriage is really like? Fine. You wake up, she's there. You come back from work, she's there. You fall asleep, she's there. You eat dinner, she's there. You know? I mean, I know that sounds like a bad thing, but it's not." — Ray Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond
7. "After about 15 years I finally figured out that she's always right. So surprisingly we just stopped fighting after that." — Barack Obama
8. "I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough." - The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks
9. "What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life--to strength each other in all labour, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting?" - George Eliot
10. "Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get--only with what you are expecting to give--which is everything." - Katharine Hepburn, Me: Stories of My Life
Power Couple Quotes
For the couple who dreams of ruling the world, you are the power couple in every way. With a sharp attitude and impeccable sense of fashion, here are some of the best power couple quotes for you to include in your proposal or your anniversary wishes.
1. "Never above you. Never below you. Always beside you." – Walter Winchell
2. "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." — Friedrich Nietzsche
3. "Love doesn't make the world go around. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." — Fraklin P. Jones
4. "I don't want the heavens or the shooting stars. I don't want gemstones or gold. I have those things already. I want... a steady hand. A kind soul." - Shana Abe
5. "We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet... I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying, 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go unwitnessed because I will be your witness." - Shall We Dance?
Relationship Goals Couple Quotes
Image Courtesy: Stories by Joseph Radhik
When you love someone, you want them to feel most special and loved, and sometimes a simple 'I love you' will not be able to capture the depth and emotions of your feelings. Express your love to your partner in different beautiful ways through these amazing couple goals quotes and bring smile to their face every day.
1. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart." — Helen Keller
2. "Love cures people—both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it." — Karl Menninger
3. "When you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." — Harry (Billy Crystal), from When Harry Met Sally
4. "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." – Emily Bronte
5. "In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine." - Maya Angelou
6. "You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear." - Oscar Wilde
Quotes on Cute Relationship Goals
Image Courtesy: Shevan J Photography
Cute couple quotes have always been the harbinger of romance. If you and your partner share cute and loving chemistry, then here are some of our favourite cute couple quotes. Even if you are hitched, these cute married couple quotes are best to surprise your spouse!
1. "At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet." – Plato
2. "Love is not the absence of logic but logic examined and recalculated heated and curved to fit inside the contours of the heart.” – Tammara Webber
3. "I will never stop trying. Because when you find the one... you never give up." — Crazy, Stupid, Love
4. “I love you for all that you are, all that you have been and all that you will be.”— Unknown
5. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” - A.A. Milne
6. "It's enough for me to be sure that you and I exist at this moment." – Gabriel Garcia Márquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
New Relationship Couple Quotes
Image Courtesy: Maha Wajahat Khan
You can pick from the cute couple quotes, romantic couple quotes, married couple quotes too but those love couple quotes will not be enough to express the magic of a new relationship and that is why we have put together some of the best couple goals quotes for the people who are enjoying their honeymoon period in their relationship. Read on for more:
1. “I love her and that's the beginning and end of everything.” – The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. “You meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed. Forever.” – Love & Other Drugs
3. "You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly." — Sam Keen
4. "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." — Aristotle
5. "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." — Dr Seuss
Funny Quotes on Couple Goals
With all the ups and downs that love brings to you, here are some of our favourite funny couple quotes. These are some of the best and perfect couple quotes that will help you bring a smile on your partner's face and how!
1. "Love is a lot like a toothache. It doesn't show up on X-rays, but you know it's there." – George Burns
2. "Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet service to see who they really are." — Will Ferrell
3. "I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." — Rita Rudner
4. "Being a good husband is like being a stand-up comic. You need 10 years before you can call yourself a beginner." — Jerry Seinfeld
5. "Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties." — Jules Renard
6. “You know there is a name for people who are always wrong about everything all the time... Husband!” —Bill Maher
7. “Marriage is not just spiritual communion and passionate embraces; marriage is also three meals a day and remembering to carry the trash out.” —Joyce Brothers
8. "A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late." —Frank Sinatra
9. “Only married people can understand how you can be miserable and happy at the same time." —Chris Rock
10. “We were married for better or worse. I couldn’t have done better and she couldn’t have done worse.” —Henry Youngman
Married Couple Goals Quotes
Image Courtesy: Mohsin Naveed Ranjha
Marriage is the coming together of two people, two families and two souls. It is an overwhelmingly beautiful relationship and here are some of the best married couple quotes for you to express your love better! What's more, keep it interesting by posting an adorable wedding photo of you two and choosing some of the best wedding captions for couples to express your love in a beautiful manner.
1. “The great marriages are partnerships. It can’t be a great marriage without being a partnership.” – Helen Mirren
2. “Husband and wife relationships are like the relationship of Tom and Jerry. Though they are teasing and fighting, but can’t live without each other.” – Unknown
3. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
4. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” – Dave Meurer
5. “A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.” – Pearl S. Buck
6. “Experts on romance say for a happy marriage there has to be more than a passionate love. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. Which, in my book, is a good definition for friendship.” – Marilyn Monroe
7. “Marriage is not about age; it’s about finding the right person.” – Sophia Bush
8. “The secret to a happy marriage is if you can be at peace with someone within four walls, if you are content because the one you love is near to you, either upstairs or downstairs, or in the same room, and you feel that warmth that you don’t find very often, then that is what love is all about.” – Bruce Forsyth
Long-distance Relationship Goals Couples Quotes
The phases that a couple go through when they are in a long distance relationship are intense and the love is unfathomable but distance often makes it hard. These couple goals quotes are for you and for your partner, who are miles away from each other right now, but know that your heart is safe with them.
1. “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s going to be really hard; we’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, every day. You and me… every day.” – Nicholas Sparks
2. “True love stands by each other’s side on good days and stands closer on bad days.” – Unknown
3. “Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. Fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup. Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf. Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone, Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music. Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping. For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts. And stand together, yet not too near together: For the pillars of the temple stand apart, And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.” – Khalil Gibran
4. "We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." – Sam Keen, To Love and Be Loved
5. "You meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed forever." – Love & Other Drugs
Emotional Relationship Goals Quotes
Image Courtesy: Sara Idrees Photography
The intensity of emotions that flow through your heart when you are in love is impeccable. To help you put your unfathomable emotions into words and be able to explain your love better, here are some of the best emotional relationship quotes for a couple in love.
1. "But love doesn't make sense! You can't logic your way into or out of it. Love is totally nonsensical. But we have to keep doing it or else we're lost, and love is dead and humanity should just pack it in. Because love is the best thing we do." – How I Met Your Mother
2. "She's your lobster. Come on, you guys. It's a known fact that lobsters fall in love and mate for life. You can actually see old lobster couples, walking around their tank, you know, holding claws." – Phoebe Buffay, Friends
3. "I thought that it mattered what I said or where I said it, then I realised the only thing that matters is that you make me happier than I ever thought I could be. And if you let me, I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way." – Chandler Bing, Friends
4. “In this crazy world, full of change and chaos, there is one thing of which I am certain, one thing which does not change: my love for you.” – Unknown
5. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
There will be days when you would want to slip a note with your partner's evening tea or put an adorable caption on your anniversary post on Instagram highlighting the promises to make in a relationship. We hope that these exceptional couple goals quotes will inspire you on days to be more expressive of your feelings and add beauty to the way you convey your emotions to your beloved so that you set some beautiful goals and relationship milestones. You can even add one of these couple quotes to your wedding vows to wow your partner.
Pick a couple quote for your relationship goals from this list, and do let us know your favourite quote in the comments below.
With words by Anwesha Das