Normal is boring. Quirky and funny is what always works! Like EE Cummings accurately said, “the most wasted of all days is the one without laughter”. Humour as your wedding theme is possibly one of the smartest ways to go. So why not start with a laugh. Weddings are serious matters, but your invitations don’t have to be! Give your guests a tickle with some funny wedding invitation wording ideas we’ve listed for you. Read and laugh!
1. It’s all relative
So you must be thinking, traditional invitation is the only ideal way to go when it comes to inviting your relatives, right? Well wrong! Who says you can’t frame funny wedding invitation wording on your cards for the family? Put on your funny hats on and make the uncles and aunts burst into laughter with your invites:
- Love for food - Use your love for food as your invitation theme. Frame your invitation wording using food analogies:
“I was a chill vanilla; she was the hot chocolate fudge-
A known recipe for the world’s best dessert!
Please join us to celebrate love for each other (and food!)”
- Tell their story- Let your guests know a bit about the couple in a cute funny way:
“She can’t cook, but he does. He can’t clean, so she does.
Looks like they are made for each other, after all!
We invite you to bless
SAKSHI & PRANAV
For the adventurous journey they are about to begin!
- Chance to catch up- You know how most of your relatives complain that you don’t call or visit them enough? Give them a chance to forgive with a funny wedding invitation wording!
“So this is why we could not meet for so long! I have been busy planning my wedding!
This is an invitation to you and your family to pull my ear personally for all those mistakes! And also meet the bride!
Please join us on our special day...because it won’t be a wedding without your blessings!”
- Destination wedding special- How can any guest say ‘no’ to a destination wedding invite? Add a generous dose of fun and jest to your wedding invitation wording to hit the right chords!
“Pack your bags and get ready for a big family vacation!
We invite you to a Beach Wedding of DIA & RAHUL
Come with endless energy and abundant appetite for fun!’
- Invite to compete- Invite your guests to participate in a Haldi fight or a Sangeet competition. Give your funny wedding invitation wording an undertone of a fake war!
“You may have won many Antakshari or Salsa competitions till date. But this time, the fight is for REAL!
It’s the Grooms Squad Vs the Bride Squad!
And our family needs you!
Please be there on
on December 23, 2018 at Mayfair gardens, 7.00 pm.
Let us win this fight together!
2. Informally Formal
Sure there need to be certain invites which are meant for your official circle. But that doesn’t mean it’s against any rules to make your colleagues laugh! Use funny wedding invitation wording for your work friends in certain special ways:
- Invite for promotion party- Instead of calling it a wedding, invite your colleagues to a “promotion party” with food and drinks and dancing.
“Hope you all received my “out of office message.” Now it’s time I officially invite you to join us celebrating my biggest promotion!
I’ve been promoted from the post of a Boyfriend to Husband!
Please come and be a part of this off-site party!”
- Game Night invite- Get your colleagues’ attention by inviting them on a “game night” instead of a wedding.
“Just like every other Friday, it’s yet another “Game night”! Come play some cards, drink beer, eat, dance and just chill. We invite you to the Poolside Cocktails, Sangeet and Haldi ceremonies of
SAMEER & NEHA
Let the chilling begin!”
3. Just Friends
Inviting friends for your wedding-now that’s the part where you can just go as hilarious as you want to! Whether it’s inviting friends through Whatsapp or framing witty invitation messages for friends, you have the liberty to use funny wedding invitation wording in numerous creative ways:
- Assign a task - How about assign some important tasks to your friends while inviting on your wedding? Keep an eye on your Jutti from getting stolen. Or helping the sisters to steal the groom’s Jutti (in case you’re the bride!)
“Attention friends! This is an important notice!
You all been chosen to accomplish a highly confidential task of
HIDING THE JUTTI OF THE GROOM
On the 4th of November, 2018 6:00 pm onwards
Please be there as your presence is absolutely crucial for
Planning, Scheduling and Execution of the job.”
- Ask for help- One of the classic favourites of the grooms-to-be are the “save me” jokes! Ask your friends for help!
“Guys, this would be your last chance to save your friend from this eternal slavery!
Please be there to support me! There will be free food and drinks...so we can party later if you fail in your mission!”
- Get personal- Because with friends, you can!
“We know how much you love free booze and food. Why else do you think we’re doing this?
Save the date for the biggest party ever! P.S. We will provide hangover kits to all the guests!”
Whenever you’re in doubt, know that humour is a medicine for all kinds of troubles. If you can make the wedding guests laugh with your funny wedding invitation wording, you don’t have to worry about their attendance. Consult wedding invitation specialist for more ideas on cards and designs. You can also go for digital wedding invitation to invite your friends and colleagues. Choose the tone and style of your invitation that suits you and your partner best. Keep your marriage invitations light, fun and impactful.