Your honeymoon is one of the most special trips that you will have with your partner in your journey as husband and wife and marks the beginning of a lifetime of adventures. The honeymoon gives you an opportunity to kick back and relax with your partner after the crazy wedding celebrations with friends and family.
So, if your pockets are deep enough and you want the most extravagant of getaways where you can spend some quality time with your partner, the following list of 10 of the best resorts in India for honeymoon can help you decide the best setting for your long-awaited honeymoon trip!
W Goa, Vagator Beach, Goa
We start off this list of best resorts in India for honeymoon with this modern and super luxurious beachside property in North Goa. The setting is relaxed and makes for a fine tropical paradise!
- How to get there: The resort is an hour’s drive away from the Goa International Airport.
- Approx budget- ₹10,000- ₹20,000, depending on the season.
- Places to visit nearby- Chapora Fort, Small Vagator Beach.
- Activities that the hotel offers: Fishing, Short Guided Hikes nearby
- Food to try: Chorizo Chilly Fry, Goan Prawns Curry with Rice
- USP of the hotel: Modern and high tech interiors, Scenic Location close to the sea.
Hotel Fairmont, Jaipur
If you and your better half enjoy old school luxury and want to feel like royalty on your honeymoon trip, Hotel Fairmont in Jaipur can be one of the best resorts in India for honeymoon for you.
- How to get there: Located on outskirts of the main city and well connected with all major modes of transport.
- Approx budget- ₹8,000 - ₹15,000 per night
- Places to visit nearby- Amber fort, Habaneri Step well
- Activities that the hotel offers: Jeep Safari, Hot Air Ballooning
- Food to try: Laal Maas, Pyaaz Kachoris, Baajra Rotis
- USP of the hotel: Palatial décor, True Rajasthani Hospitality
Taj Malabar Resort & Spa, Kochi
Set in a beautiful setting overlooking the Arabian Sea, the Taj Malabar Resort & Spa, Kochi, offers a fine blend of old school luxury and modern amenities making it one the best resorts in India for honeymoon.
- How to get there: 1-hour drive away from the International Airport and well connected through all major modes of transport.
- Approx budget- ₹10,000 - ₹15,000 per night
- Places to visit nearby- Mattancherry Palace, Fort Kochi Beach
- Activities that the hotel offers: Complimentary backwater cruise every evening, Rice Boat Dining Experience
- Food to try: Appam with stew, Fish Fry
- USP of the hotel: Scenic Views of the Arabian Sea
The Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra
If you are planning on spending your honeymoon in the most beautiful setting in the city of love, Agra, The Oberoi Amarvilas is surely one of the best resorts in India for honeymoon.
- How to get there: 2 hours drive away from Delhi through the Yamuna Expressway
- Approx budget- ₹45,000 - ₹60,000 per night
- Places to visit nearby- Taj Mahal, Agra Fort
- Activities that the hotel offers: Guided tours to the Taj Mahal, Gourmet Dinner for 2 under the stars
- Food to try: Galawati Kebab, Mutton Qorma
- USP of the hotel: Stunning Views of the Taj Mahal, Mughal Style Architecture
Taj Madikeri Resort and Spa, Coorg
The Taj Madikeri Resort and Spa, Coorg, is one the best resorts in India for honeymoon if you love being nestled in a quant jungle setting and enjoy being pampered with all the modern luxuries.
- How to get there: It is located at a 3 hours drive away from the Mangalore Airport
- Approx budget- ₹10,000 - ₹15,000 per night
- Places to visit nearby- Spice Gardens and Hiking trails nearby
- Activities that the hotel offers: Coffee Tasting, Off-road Biking
- Food to try: Bamboo Shoot Curry, Pandi Curry
- USP of the hotel: Set in 180 acres of rainforest in the lap of nature, High tech amenities and traditional Kodagu design elements
JW Marriott Mussoorie Walnut Grove Resort, Mussoorie
The Queen of the hills is a popular honeymoon destination, with picturesque views all around and romantic, crisp mountain air rejuvenating your spirits! The JW Marriott, Mussoorie, is one of the top hotels in the hillside.
- How to get there: 6-8 hours drive away from Delhi and 2 hours away from the nearest airport in Dehradun.
- Approx budget- ₹20,000- ₹25,000 per night
- Places to visit nearby- Chaar Dukaan in Landour, George Everest Peak
- Activities that the hotel offers: Guided Hiking Tours, In-house entertainment centre
- Food to try: Authentic Wood Fired Oven Pizzas and Local Garhwali Delicacies
- USP of the hotel: An array of in house activities, Quaint and Luxurious Setting
Your honeymoon is one trip where you can afford to splurge a little and pamper yourselves in luxury to start your married life on a great note. We hope that the above list of the best resorts in India for honeymoon leave you with plenty of inspiration and help you curate the most extravagant honeymoon with your partner that you would have always dreamed of.
Make sure you take stunning pictures of your honeymoon! Get in touch with these photographers and ask them to come along with you!