A friend's engagement is quite an exciting event of your life, isn't it? You want to congratulate your friend using the choicest words that would reflect your feelings perfectly. Whether you use sentimental friendship quotes or funny wishes, you definitely need to frame your words right!
So, take out your notepad and draw inspiration from these various kinds of best wishes for engagement that you could try on your friend's special day. Famous quotes by authors, poets, playwrights, world-known philosophers...you could take cues from anyone whose quotes you feel resonate with you most. Or maybe you could write something on your own. Take a look for ideas.
Heart-warming Best Wishes for Engagement
You and your friend have shared some of the most precious moments of your lives, together. So when it comes to creating best wishes for your friend's engagement, you can relive those countless memories. Here are a few samples:
- "Remember how we used playhouse as kids and marry each other? I can't tell you how happy I am today when you're actually getting engaged...for real! Seems like we've grown up all of a sudden! On your special day, I wish you lifelong happiness and love with the person of your dreams! Congratulations bestie"!
- "When I was down, you were always there by my side to cheer me up. When I failed, you held my hand and made me believe in myself. When I cried, you were my shoulder and rock-solid support! Today, you're getting engaged and I wish you only the best, from the bottom of my heart. May you get more than you've given to the world! May you never stop smiling and being loved"!
- "We laughed, cried, danced, played games and bunked classes...together! We were inseparable! And now when you're getting engaged, I proudly pass on the torch of friendship to your other half! May you find a new best friend in your partner...may you share every special moment of your life with him. Congratulations on your new journey"!
Philosophical Best Wishes for Engagement
Share your own thoughts or take inspiration from renowned personalities...use wise and philosophical best wishes for engagement of your friend. Here are a few ideas:
- "Control leads to compliance. Autonomy leads to Engagement"- (Daniel H. Pink). You two have set each other free. Ant that's what has brought you even closer, every time. You're meant for each other. Congratulations my friend, for having the power to love so much!
- "Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation"– (Oscar Wilde). On your engagement day, I wish you both have the most exciting conversations with each other on each day of your lives! I wish you always stay excited with each other.
- Like Carl Jung said,"the meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed"...I can already see you both transforming into better souls with every passing moment you spend with each other! Congratulations for finding love. Wish you both every bit of happiness in the world!
Quirky Best Wishes for Engagement
Because with friends, you can! Quirk up your best wishes for engagement to bring some laughter waves to your friend!
- "Why do married people live longer than single people? I think it's because married people make a special effort to live longer than their partner just so they can have the last word"- (Janet Pariat). If that's to be believed, you guys are going to live a really long life! Wish you two a happy life together, arguing about who's right!
- "They say, marriages are made in heaven. As for you two, I believe your match makers up there must have been drunk to have brought you together! Congratulations on your first step to a crazy relationship and may you keep up the crazy in you, for as long as you live"!
- "When she sleeps, he likes to practice his drums. When he cooks, she orders in large pizzas. When she cleans the home he loves throwing confetti all over the house. And when he reads, she dances to loud Punjabi songs. I don't know any two persons better suited for each other. Congratulations on finally getting engaged, because if you've survived your year long live-in, you're definitely made for each other"!
Sweet, Love-laden Best Wishes for Engagement
Sometimes, simple, sweet and classic best wishes for engagement are the ones that works best. Check out some beautiful wishes for your friend:
- "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart"- (Helen Keller). Meeting the perfect partner, falling in love and now getting engaged, these are truly the most beautiful things that could happen to you, my friend. May you cherish every moment with your true love. Congratulations.
- "Every time I see you two together, I believe in love. It was not a coincidence that you two met. It was destiny. You two complete each other. May your love always keep getting stronger. May you have a long, happy & magical life"!
- "Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry" – (Tom Mullen). This marriage quote is just too fitting for you two. May your love blossoms every day. May you live a long, healthy and happy life loving each other!
Frame your best wishes for engagement in a way that echoes the true essence of your friendship. Bring a smile on your friend's face using the power of words!
You could also bring up the couple's love story, how they met or their proposal story in your engagement wishes giving it a personalised spin. Think creative or refer to professional writers and poets to come up with beautiful messages for your friend. Make sure that you also add your own words along with the quotes for a special touch!
Take a look at some beautiful engagement gift ideas for your friend!